Community of Practice Coordinator
DHIS2 is hiring a Community of Practice Coordinator to support and engage our global community of DHIS2 users. This is a remote position, open to applicants worldwide
DHIS2 is a web-based, open-source data platform used by governments, international development agencies, and NGOs in more than 90 countries worldwide. It is currently recognized as the world’s most widely adopted e-health information platform. The platform has become a global standard within international development and has a huge impact on the way health systems are being managed. The core DHIS2 software development is managed by the Health Information Systems Program (HISP) at the University of Oslo (UiO).
We work on projects with global reach and scale, including:
- Health information management systems with more than 70 ministries of health worldwide, including South Africa, Tanzania, Ghana, and Cambodia. DHIS2 is used to collect and analyze data for areas such as service utilization, family planning, and immunization.
- Disease surveillance and monitoring in collaboration with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). DHIS2 is used to notify the right people about possible disease outbreaks so that action can be taken in time.
- COVID-19 port-of-entry, case registry, and contact tracing in more than 30 countries worldwide.
- HIV/AIDS control in collaboration with PEPFAR, the largest initiative ever for combating a single disease. DHIS2 is used to collect data and provide analytics and insights into how funding can be spent most effectively.
- Program monitoring and evaluation with NGOs such as Medecins Sans Frontieres, Save the Children, and PSI. DHIS2 is used to analyze the impact of programs, improve planning, and guide resource utilization.
DHIS2 also has a vibrant community of users, implementers, system administrators and developers, who communicate through the DHIS2 Community of Practice (CoP). The CoP serves as i) the primary support channel for DHIS2 software issues, ii) an official source for DHIS2 information, resources and announcements and iii) the central hub for all DHIS2 users to connect, collaborate and crowd-source solutions with other DHIS2 implementers and experts as well as the global DHIS2 implementation and development teams.
About this role
As the CoP Coordinator, it will be your responsibility to manage the day-to-day activities on the CoP. This includes ensuring that all support requests receive a response in a timely manner, and serving as a liaison with regional HISP experts and global implementer and developer teams to triage more complex issues. In addition, the CoP coordinator will be responsible for planning and carrying out community engagement activities, maintaining community standards, and encouraging community members to share best practices, lessons learned and challenges from DHIS2 implementations and use cases.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Act as the focal point for the DHIS2 Community of Practice
- Foster an active and helpful DHIS2 Support community. Ensure that all Support requests on the CoP receive an adequate response in a timely fashion. Triage complex or high-priority requests with the appropriate HISP or UiO teams
- Develop, expand and manage CoP supporting mechanisms (eg identifying helpdesk routines, routing bug reports/feature requests to Jira, expertise and knowledge mapping, developing and supporting community champions)
- Plan and carry out community engagement activities
- Manage CoP resources and collate technical and training resources
- Support webinars and live Q&A discussions on the CoP
- Monitor key metrics for CoP engagement and propose strategies for improvement
- Other duties as assigned
- Demonstrated experience with DHIS2 (configuration and use)
- Experience with communication, community engagement, or user support a plus
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Fluency in English is essential; working proficiency in other languages (such as French, Spanish or Portuguese) a plus
- Experience writing basic SQL queries is a plus
- The ideal candidate will already have a history of engagement with the DHIS2 CoP
- Self-directed problem solver
- Flexible and positive to ongoing change of responsibilities
- Good organizational skills; ability to manage multiple priorities
- Enjoys continuously learning new technologies and concepts
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment and communicating across many types of partners and stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and experience
Location and employment details
Remote (worldwide). This is a full-time position on a 1-year renewable contract.
How to apply
Send your resume and cover letter, in English, to: email@example.com