DHIS2 Implementation Specialist, Technical (Remote)
DHIS2 is hiring a technical implementation specialist for our global implementation team. This is a full-time position, with the option to work remotely or from Oslo, Norway. Join us to be part of an open-source digital health project with worldwide impact.
About This Role
The DHIS2 Technical Implementer will join the global implementation support team at HISP UiO, supporting DHIS2 implementations by Ministries of Health worldwide. This implementer position will focus on development of guidance and tools to solve real problems facing countries using DHIS2, and will also be involved in providing direct support to country implementation with and through the regional HISP network.
We are a well-funded not-for-profit project tasked with building the open-source DHIS2 platform, the world’s most widely-deployed health information system. The project is based at the HISP Centre at the University of Oslo (UiO) where we operate as an independent software development organization.
With us you get a chance to work on problems which really matter: Improving the health and well-being of people around the world through access and use of information. Our platform is used in more than 90 countries worldwide and has the scale and adoption which will allow you to make an impact globally.
We give you a lot of flexibility and freedom and there is no micro-management or strict hierarchies. At DHIS2 we believe you will do your best work if you fully understand the context in which the system operates. As a result you are encouraged to engage directly with our projects, take part in the design process and get feedback from users in the field.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a DHIS2 implementation specialist to strengthen our efforts to provide relevant guidance and tools for countries using DHIS2. In particular, we are seeking someone who can support development of tools and procedures to support the HISP network of DHIS2 implementers to troubleshoot and resolve advanced technical issues.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Support the ongoing development and maintenance of the DHIS2 Implementation Guidance.
- Development of tools and utilities to support implementation and maintenance of DHIS2 systems in countries.
- Support DHIS2 implementation activities, including travel and in-country assistance as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
Who you are:
- At least five years’ experience in providing technology-related support for public health and/or international development.
- Strong knowledge of DHIS2 configuration, implementation and data model required.
- Knowledge of development of scripting and utility tools, use of Web APIs, and SQL.
- Field-based implementation experience strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in a related field such as health informatics (e.g. MPH, MSc), or equivalent experience.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Fluency in English is essential; working proficiency in other languages (such as French, Spanish, Portuguese, Arabic or Russian) a plus.
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally as needed.
- Enthusiasm for international development efforts and ability to work well both independently and within a team, at national and international level
- Flexible and positive to ongoing change of responsibilities
- Strong ability to handle parallel tasks and processes under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment and communicating across many types of partners and stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and experience
Location and Employment Details
You can work remotely or from our office in Oslo, Norway.
This is a full-time position on an annual renewable contract. We are focused on building long-term contract relationships. Our contracts support flexible work arrangements, and we offer the option to renew for longer contract periods over time.
Review our listing on SmartRecruiters for additional information and application guidelines: Apply on SmartRecruiters