Security Engineer (Remote)
The HISP Centre is hiring a Security Engineer for our global DHIS2 team. This is a full-time, remote position.
About This Role
We are hiring a Security Engineer who will join our security team to support our secure software development lifecycle.
We are a well-funded not-for-profit project tasked with building the open-source DHIS2 platform, the world’s most widely-deployed health information system. The project is based at the HISP Centre at the University of Oslo (UiO) where we operate as an independent software development organization.
With us you get a chance to work on problems which really matter: Improving the health and well-being of people around the world through access and use of information. Our platform is used in more than 90 countries worldwide and has the scale and adoption which will allow you to make an impact globally.
We give you a lot of flexibility and freedom and there is no micro-management or strict hierarchies. At DHIS2 we believe you will do your best work if you fully understand the context in which the system operates. As a result you are encouraged to engage directly with our projects, take part in the design process and get feedback from users in the field.
What you’ll do:
- Perform security reviews of change requests and new DHIS2 features
- Validate vulnerability reports and advise on mitigation solutions
- Build automation and frameworks to produce more secure code
- Provide guidance and education to developers
- Develop security documentation and training materials
Who you are:
- Passionate about product security
- Previous working experience as a security engineer for 3+ years
- Active contributor to the security community (public speaking, research, blogging)
- Fluent in English to a professional level (written and oral)
- Knowledge of French or Spanish will be considered an advantage
- Knowledge of the DHIS2 technology stack will be considered an advantage
- Willing to travel occasionally to support our implementors on security matters or participate in community events
Location and Employment Details
Remote (Central European Time Zone +/- 2 hours) or in Oslo, Norway. This is a full-time position on a 1-year renewable contract.
Review our listing on SmartRecruiters for additional information and application guidelines: Apply on SmartRecruiters