About This Role
As a training material specialist, you will be responsible for supporting the creation of training content and templates across the following areas:
In this role, you will have the opportunity to work with a wide variety of DHIS2 specialists and users, ranging from global DHIS2 experts to country implementations requiring targeted support based on local needs.
We are a well-funded not-for-profit project tasked with building the open-source DHIS2 platform, the world’s most widely-deployed health information system. The project is based at the HISP Centre (HISP) at the University of Oslo (UiO) where we operate as an independent software development organization.
With us you get a chance to work on problems which really matter: Improving the health and well-being of people around the world through access and use of information. Our platform is used in more than 90 countries worldwide and has the scale and adoption which will allow you to make an impact globally.
We give you a lot of flexibility and freedom and there is no micro-management or strict hierarchies. At DHIS2 we believe you will do your best work if you fully understand the context in which the system operates. As a result you are encouraged to engage directly with our projects, take part in the design process and get feedback from users in the field.
What you’ll do:
You will work on the planning, development, field testing and evaluation of global training goods in which the DHIS2 community can freely access. You will work on training material related to broad areas of expertise based on your own DHIS2 skill set to support the implementation of global, regional and in-country training activities where appropriate. You will be regularly tasked with keeping up to date with the latest DHIS2 features and designing training material that supports the explanation of these concepts to the broader DHIS2 community.
Travel will be necessary, once COVID-19 travel restrictions have been lifted.
Who you are:
- Experience supporting a DHIS2 implementation. Example supports includes:
- Performing end-user and national team training
- Performing DHIS2 configuration based on local needs
- Drafting documents including standard operating procedures and user guides
- Coordination of resources to support DHIS2 maintenance and expansion
- Experience documenting requirements based on stakeholder specifications and/or guidance documents
- Expert knowledge in DHIS2 use and configuration including:
- Use of both web and android apps for the collection of tracker and aggregate data
- Configuration of aggregate and tracker metadata optimized for both web and android data collection
- Using the core DHIS2 data visualization tools (data visualizer, maps, dashboard, reports) to output data based on user requirements
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Strong skills in technical writing and oral communication
- Comfortable working remotely with a geographically distributed team
- Knowledge of navigating the API, import/export of metadata and data and working with github and markdown is a plus, but not required
- Experience in public health, education or international development is a plus, but not required
What you might learn:
- Application of adult learning principles to develop standardized training guidance and templates for DHIS2 users and trainers
- The use of learning management systems (OpenEdX and Moodle) to support the delivery of DHIS2 training content
- How to stage and script replicable DHIS2 demonstrations for both live and recorded content
Location and Employment Details
You can work remotely or from our office in Oslo, Norway.
This is a full-time position on an annual renewable contract. We are focused on building long-term contract relationships. Our contracts support flexible work arrangements, and we offer the option to renew for longer contract periods over time.
Review our listing on SmartRecruiters for additional information and application guidelines: Apply on SmartRecruiters