Senior Test Automation Engineer
DHIS2 is hiring a Senior Test Automation Engineer for our global team. This is a full-time position with the option to work remotely or from Oslo, Norway
About This Role
As a Senior Test Automation Engineer you will be responsible for all aspects of automated testing, including planning, creating, implementation and execution of tests for the core platform. You will work closely with our Quality Assurance team members and our software engineering team to ensure that we are delivering high quality software to our users. You will use your knowledge of test automation to influence better software design, code testability and proper engineering practices.
We are a well-funded not-for-profit project tasked with building the open-source DHIS2 platform, the world’s most widely-deployed health information system. The project is based at the Health Information Systems Programme (HISP) at the University of Oslo (UiO) where we operate as an independent software development organization.
With us you get a chance to work on problems which really matter: Improving the health and well-being of people around the world through access and use of information. Our platform is used in more than 90 countries worldwide and has the scale and adoption which will allow you to make an impact globally.
Working at DHIS2 with our diverse, remote-first core software team (currently 50+ strong from 26 countries) and 16 regional implementation hubs around the globe offers interesting technical challenges with meaningful impact. For me, this is a priceless combination. Every line of code we write or new product feature we build will be used by hundreds or thousands of healthcare professionals to administer life-saving and life-changing health services to millions of people all over the world. We also offer competitive compensation, flexible working hours and locations, and opportunities to travel. We hire smart people and give them the freedom to innovate and to work on what interests them most.
Austin McGee – DHIS2 Deputy Tech Lead
We give you a lot of flexibility and freedom and there is no micro-management or strict hierarchies. At DHIS2 we believe you will do your best work if you fully understand the context in which the system operates. As a result you are encouraged to engage directly with our projects, take part in the design process and get feedback from users in the field.
What you’ll do:
- Contribute to the prioritization, planning, and coordination of testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation test scripts using open source tools
- Build testing tools as required to improve test coverage
- Design and implement scalability and performance tests
- Work with implementation and engineering teams to diagnose functional and performance issues discovered in production deployments
- Feed learnings from production deployment challenges back into software test workflow
- Foster growth of other QA team members through mentorship and training
Occasional travel may be required, once COVID-19 travel restrictions have been lifted.
- Proven work experience in software quality assurance
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Experience with testing standalone software
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools
- Experience testing REST APIs and other machine-to-machine interfaces
- Experience developing software a plus
- Experience working with heavy Postgres database loads in production environments a plus
- Fluent in verbal and written English
- Strong skills in clear technical writing and communication
Location and Employment Details
Remote (Central European Time Zone +/- 2 hours) or in Oslo, Norway. This is a full-time position on a 1-year renewable contract.
Review our listing on SmartRecruiters for additional information and application guidelines: Apply on SmartRecruiters