About This Role
The DHIS2 Technical Implementer will join the global implementation support team at HISP UiO, supporting DHIS2 implementations in the Middle East region, with a particular focus on Arabic-speaking countries. This implementer position will focus on providing relevant guidance and tools to solve real problems facing countries in the region, as well as providing direct support to country implementations of DHIS2 in collaboration with partners in the HISP network. HISP UiO has had one person supporting the region since the beginning of 2022, and you will be working closely with this person.
We are a well-funded not-for-profit project tasked with building the open-source DHIS2 platform, the world’s most widely-deployed health information system. The project is based at the HISP Centre at the University of Oslo (UiO) where we operate as an independent software development organization.
With us you get a chance to work on problems which really matter: Improving the health and well-being of people around the world through access and use of information. Our platform is used in more than 90 countries worldwide and has the scale and adoption which will allow you to make an impact globally.
We give you a lot of flexibility and freedom and there is no micro-management or strict hierarchies. At DHIS2 we believe you will do your best work if you fully understand the context in which the system operates. As a result you are encouraged to engage directly with our projects, take part in the design process and get feedback from users in the field.
What you’ll do:
We are seeking a DHIS2 implementation specialist to strengthen our efforts to provide relevant guidance and tools for countries using DHIS2. In particular, we are seeking someone who can support development of tools and procedures to support countries within the Middle East region troubleshoot and resolve advanced technical issues.
Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Development of tools and utilities to support implementation and maintenance of DHIS2 systems in countries.
- Provision of routine remote assistance to the Ministries of Health and its partners in supporting the implementation and scale up of DHIS2 systems in the country.
- Supporting DHIS2 implementation activities, including travel and in-country assistance as needed.
- Performing structured and ad-hoc training activities for Ministries of Health and their partners.
- Other duties as assigned.
The applicant must be willing to regularly travel to (and be able to enter) the countries in the region.
Who you are:
- At least five years’ experience in providing technology-related support for public health and/or international development.
- Strong knowledge of DHIS2 configuration, implementation and data model required.
- Knowledge of development of scripting and utility tools, use of Web APIs, and SQL.
- Field-based implementation experience strongly preferred.
- Master’s degree in a related field such as health informatics (e.g. MPH, MSc), or equivalent experience.
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills.
- Full working proficiency in English and Arabic is essential.
- Enthusiasm for international development efforts and ability to work well both independently and within a team, at national and international level
- Understanding of professional differences and concerns from multi-cultural partners
- Flexible and positive to ongoing change of responsibilities
- Strong ability to handle parallel tasks and processes under pressure
- Ability to manage multiple priorities
- Enjoys working in a collaborative environment and communicating across many types of partners and stakeholders with diverse backgrounds and experience
Location and Employment Details
Must be based in the Middle East region or be willing to relocate to this region. Please note that there will be no allowances provided for relocation.
This is a full-time position on a 1-year renewable contract. We are focused on building long-term contract relationships. Our contracts support flexible work arrangements, and we offer the option to renew for longer contract periods over time.
Review our listing on SmartRecruiters for additional information and application guidelines: Apply on SmartRecruiters